Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2020

“Christians” Defying Executive Orders....

This message is specifically to those who call themselves Christians.  I don’t like or want to wear a mask in public any more than the next person.  With my claustrophobia and some breathing issues, wearing a cloth or surgical style mask was a daily exercise in fear.  And while I have a doctor’s note excusing me from wearing one, I found a work around.  Still, given a choice, I would rather not wear one.

But here’s the problem:

“Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority, or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right. For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men. Act as free men, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but use it as bondslaves of God. Honor all people, love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king,” 1 Peter 2:13-17 NASB.  

The KJV renders verses 13-14 this way:

 “Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.”

I hear a lot of people who call themselves Christians saying they will not comply with the executive orders issued by our governor. Like it or not, agree or not, under Michigan black letter law, specifically MCL 10.33 and MCL 30.405(3), passed by duly elected Michigan legislators and signed into law by the duly elected governors in power at those times in accordance with the Michigan State Constitution, determines that failure to obey an executive order is a misdemeanor punishable by a $500 fine and/or 90 days in jail. I would like you to take a moment to think seriously about how that attitude squares up with God’s clear instructions through Paul.

I don’t like it, but I will comply until such time as her directives instruct me to violate God’s Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment